I have talked to a couple people in the class and all of us seem to agree that writing Assignment #7 was rather enjoyable. Unfolding this metaphor was interesting and also gave me the opportunity to learn a little bit more about the game of chess...my dad has already challenged me to a game but I told him I need a little more practice before I take on the pro..
While writing this paper the movie Avatar came to mind. This conflict between the Canadian government and the Inuit people can be compared to the conflict between humans and the Avatars. The entire movie focuses on the humans attempt to take over the land that the Avatars have made and call home. They have created their own culture far away from anything else and were forced out of it. The Inuit people are experiencing somewhat of the same thing. They were put on Arctic and have transformed this land into their own culture; however, the government is trying to take control. It is a difficult situation... one side is extremely upset while the other side doesn’t seem to care. I am unsure as to how this issue between the government and the Inuit people will unfold...
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment