Sunday, February 7, 2010
I sit here shaking my head...
With a thousand different emotions running through my head right now… I had to blog! I just finished watching Boys Don’t Cry and I now sit here appalled and rather disgusted. I don’t want to ruin it for those of you who will be watching the screening tomorrow, so I will keep my comments to a minimal. I have never watched something of “this kind” before however after watching this movie I know exactly why. I had a difficult time seeing what took place and I guess you could say I got a “wake-up call” by witnessing the reality that transgendered people face on a regular basis. There were a few particular parts that I turned away and chose not to watch. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that our society consists of people that actually perform these sorts of acts on another just because they are different from the norm. This has always been a topic that I have I really difficult time understanding anything other then that "its wrong". It horrifies me to even think that something like this could happen to my friends who are not transgendered, but who are gay. I still just sit here shaking my head not knowing what to think...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know how you feel! I felt like the effect of the movie was kind of ruined because I knew what to expect (thank you article we had to read for class), but it was still really hard to watch the ending. Especially since those guys were formerly Brandon's friends!
ReplyDelete