Friday, March 12, 2010

it does not surprise me..

I really enjoyed yesterday’s class. The media is a topic I have always found particularly interesting however it rattles my brain to think about how much media is involved and has influenced my life. I have never really thought of the fact that I live in two worlds...the post literal and the literal. These worlds are so completely different and therefore I give us all credit for being able to handle both. The media is most certainly consequential!! I have a cousin who writes me letters once or twice a month filling me in on life. She is 12 years old and most definitely is an avid texter and is constantly on msn. Therefore, it does not surprise me when she writes things like...

U r the best btw.
Luv u cuz.
Wat u been up 2?
It was ez
And here are some new ones to I have never seen before but thought you were pretty funny!
2G4U= to good for you
AMOF= as a matter of fact
AYS= are you serious?
AYTMTB= and your telling me this because
BTDT= be there done that
CRBT= crying really big tears

This most definitely renders language less formal!

1 comment:

  1. I will admit that when I was 12 years old I used to write like this as well. Seeing as that was a while ago, I see the teeny boppers have created new short forms which are unfamiliar to me.

    ReplyDelete