Monday, November 30, 2009

oh mother...


I woke up this morning to find this attached picture in my e-mail from my mom. Ideology seemed to be the “hot topic” at the dinner table Tuesday evening… and I even went as far as to pull out my notes from class. We discussed the specific ideologies found within the institution of our family (respect…loyalty… etc.) and then mom brought up the idea of advertisements… I elaborated on what I had learned in class today about how advertisements sell us real things in the form of abstractions. She found this all very interesting… and asked if she could come to class one day…? I looked at her with a…um… not so impressed look… anyhow… she forwarded this picture to me this morning and I have to admit I did laugh. Maybe this is the way to avoid advertisements…?
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment