One of my friends called me yesterday in a panic. I was startled at first because she seemed extremely upset and I had no idea why. Being the concerned friend that I am I asked what was wrong? This was her response…
VANESSA I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW! I LOST MY PHONE AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT IS. I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE; MY WHOLE LIFE IS ON MY PHONE. FRIK, I CAN’T SURVIVE WITHOUT IT! PLEASE COME HELP ME.
I was immediately relieved to find that nothing “serious” was wrong. I laughed at the situation and told her we would find it, however, also mentioned that she was a Cyborg. She was obviously confused by the term but after a brief definition she understood the concept and most certainly agreed. She was interested in the concept and we continued on with the topic. Our conversation ended with us questioning how "real" or "natural" we really are. We are influenced and rely on technology so much its almost scary... do you think one day the world will only consist of robots? imagine.
I had to laugh again later on that day when I found a particular reoccurring imagine in 99.9% of the pictures posted on facebook. Cell phones are literally attached to people hips, and if you take a few moments to creep at the latest photos, you too will see exactly what I mean.
PS. my friend did eventually find her phone... she will survive :)
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear that your friend eventually found her phone. Hopefully she was not too stressed out over the situation that occurred.
ReplyDeleteSo true about the facebook pictures and cell phones. If the phone is not attached to one's hip than it's the object taking the picture. People don't even need to buy a digital or disposable camera. All they need to do is invest in a good cell phone!
At least your friend found her phone, when mine got stolen in the summer I felt lost for weeks!
ReplyDeleteGuess that shows how much of a cyborg I am.
I also agreee about the facebook pictures, if the phone is not in hand, its safely stored in a pocket or purse, or being used to take the pictures which are then "mobile uploads" on facebook.
A person cell phone is essentially like their own child, and no one wants to lose a kid!
Love the comparison you made about a cell phone and a child.
ReplyDelete