Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lady Gaga...is she a man?

Today we discussed the disconnect between sex and gender. As we went through different examples Lady Gaga came to mind. She is known for her outrageous costumes, song lyrics and performances that leave people shocked...on many occasions she has crossed boundaries. I was over at a friend’s house with a group of people this past summer and was told that there was proof that Lady Gaga was a hermaphrodite. I didn’t believe this at first until good old youtube provided this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnTO-57FTfs

pay close attention to...0:18

I still sit here unsure as to whether or not I believe this...

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. okay wow just watched the video. I also blogged about Lady Gaga as I am on the fence towards whether or not she is a hermaphrodite. I was able to find an interview Barbara Walters had with Lady Gaga. In the interview, she denies being a hermaphrodite....despite the rumours and now this video. Well after watching this video either she does have male genitalia or did this purposely to spread more rumours(this does not surprise me about her as her lyrics and choice of clothing make many people talk). I'm still unsure what to believe but could understand why after seeing this video many people would believe she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After watching the video a few times I think she is 100% female. She NEVER wears pants and you never see anything in her onesies that she always wears. I think in that particular video it was just the angle of the camera and flesh coloured underwear that created the allusion. Or perhaps she hid something under there for publicity. After all, were talking about her right now, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete